Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lies

I need to admit to myself that I have been struggling with feelings of inadequacy.   They are lies that Satan has been telling me for years but I've not succeeded in ignoring them recently.  I find it best if I write my thoughts down, hence this blog, so I am going to list what I've been feeling:
Satan's lies (and maybe some of them are true...):
-too shy
-too quiet
-can't think for myself
-not assertive enough
-too clumsy
-not good enough
-too geeky
-push-over
-not loving enough
-no common sense
-too awkward
-not "spiritual" enough
-can't communicate well
-talk too fast
-think too much
-too indecisive
-too poor
-too sheltered
-not the person people need me to be
-not the person people want me to be
-too much of a loner
That's all I can think of for right now...  As a Christian, I know that not all of these are true, but it's so easy to believe them more often than not.  I'm asking for help, spiritual guidance, and simply a listening ear.  And thank you for doing just that. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment