Monday, June 27, 2011

Challenge for Purity

June 27, 2011
Yesterday Dustin and I visited a church and the pastor gave a sermon on one of the Beatitudes, the one about those who are pure in heart.  After the message, he gave the congregation a challenge to think about the past week and how "pure" we'd been in thought, word, and action.  I have to admit that I didn't do too good of a job at the whole purity thing.  He also gave us the challenge to ask God to help us to be pursue purity each morning when we get up.  After hearing that message, I did focus more on my actions, thoughts, and words.  This morning I even thought of that prayer the pastor prompted us to pray.  It was certainly convicting to be given that reality check and to have that challenge stay with me through the next day. 
I will also admit that my spiritual life has been more or less at a standstill.  I've also kind of ignored the convictions to get back in the Bible for study.  I keep telling myself that I need to get my homework done or I need to get something else done...or I simply could do it tomorrow, which rarely happens.  How am I supposed to continue to grow as a Christian and as a godly wife to my husband without constantly living in the Word?  Pretty lame I think.  So, that's definitely something I need to actively work on; enough with the passive attitude.  Lord, thank you for convicting me of my impurity and my need to get back in the Word.  I need Your help to remain diligent in pursuing Your Word constantly.  Thank you for being patient with me and thank you for your faithfulness in helping me get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment