Monday, January 24, 2011

Companionship

Day 14
One of the many love languages that is necessary to a woman's heart is companionship.  Quality time with someone she loves or just likes to hang out with.  I don't realize I've missed it until I've gone without it for a while.  Student teaching today threw me for a loop partly because it was a different schedule than I was getting used to and it took me 10 freaking minutes to fight with the school's printer.  That and the array of driving skills that I encountered heading to campus gave me a headache.  But thank goodness for fellow music educator friends in class! They always seem to brighten my day by taking my mind off of the stress and onto goofy jokes and good discussions. I also was able to talk to my aunt while she prepared to make alterations on my wedding dress.  I don't get to talk to her very often and she always has some news on her side of the family or a good story from when she was younger or different techniques she uses in her seamstress work.  It's just so nice to forget about the day and dive into someone else's life and stories for a while.  It's also a bonus that my fiance likes to talk, so most times I can just enjoy his stories and listen in on what he's doing and what he's interested in.  It also helps us keep up with each other when we're apart.
Time with those whom I love seems to become more and more scarce.  So I'm thankful for the time I do get with them.  Don't take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment