Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Healthy Anticipation

Day 8
I tried on my wedding dress recently and experienced the same excitement and anticipation for the future as I did when my now fiance asked me to marry him and when I first knew that I had found the dress.  Things are moving along nicely and the date is just around the corner to forever.  It's hard not to smile when I think about the future with my best friend. 
Anticipation can be healthy in looking forward to what is good, like getting married or going on a long awaited trip.  It turns ugly when that anticipation is pointed toward things that harm others or selfish ambition.  But the healthy anticipation is so exciting! Think of a time when you really looked forward to something and you can't really think of anything else.  It helps keep you going and puts a smile on your face when the day may take a turn for the not-so-good. 
I'm thankful for such anticipation because it's something tangible to hold on to besides God's Word and prayer.  It's something that gives us hope and lifts up our moods and attitudes.  So look on the bright side next time life gets you down and remember to thank God for giving you something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment