Thursday, January 13, 2011

Provision

Day 3
Today seemed to be full of examples of His provision.  I don't often realize how much He does provide for us, in big and small ways.  I'm thankful for His provision of breath, sight, smell, the ability to walk, to embrace, and much more of the ordinary things that we are capable of doing every day.  I'm also thankful for the larger things such as money to buy groceries and purchase textbooks.  And for providing job opportunities for my fiance; something we had been praying about.  Gosh, God is amazing, isn't He?
Today was also busy and full of things I had to accomplish both physically and mentally.  I got overwhelmed thinking about the up and coming student teaching, planning for important graduation requirements, and figuring out the rest of the wedding details.  But that list brings on another remembrance of His provision.  He has given me the capability to plan ahead, practice diligently, and someone to whom I can turn for strength, encouragement, and help. 
So as I go to sleep tonight, my heart is relatively light despite the hectic day.  I'm not the best Bible buff but I know somewhere it says not to worry because He even cares enough for the sparrows to provide basic food for them to survive.  Tomorrow has issues of its own, so only worry about today (take one day at a time).  I can go to bed trusting Him to provide me with the basic necessities as well as what I need to get through the rest of the school year...as well as a best friend whom I can count on.  Yup, I'm going to fall asleep with a smile tonight.  God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment