Sunday, January 30, 2011

Conviction

Day 19
The day started right off the bat with a dose of conviction.  I got up later than I wanted to, but still in enough time to get to church on time.  I almost didn't go but I told my fiance the night before that I would go.  So I went.  And even there, I was convicted to really know who the person of Jesus Christ was, what He had done, and why it all mattered.  He became the face of God, a recognizable, tangible figure and friend to whom the early Christians and today's Christians could confide.  Another bout of conviction haunted me the rest of the day as I worked to complete a ten page paper that's due tomorrow. I took more than my share of Facebook visits and email checks, but every time, I would feel the need to get back to the paper.  Thank you, Holy Spirit, for keeping me on track. 
I was also convicted of who I am as a friend and future wife to my fiance.  We had the opportunity to learn a little more about each other today through an interesting conversation.  After all that I've read in multiple relationship and premarital books, I still fall short of who I need to be to be his supporter and best friend.  I still have a few personal issues, like selfishness, to overcome and I'm slowly learning how to fight through them.  But in the meantime, he still chooses to love me for who I am, shortcomings and all, and he keeps encouraging me to grow into who God wants me to be. 
All in all, today was a bit rough mentally and emotionally.  But in the end, I am so thankful for the conviction that comes with being indwelt with the Holy Spirit.  It only helps me to learn and to grow into a better person, a woman after God's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment