Friday, April 8, 2011

Calming Peace

Day 82
Working on my education portfolio is kind of stressful when you work on it a day before and the day of.  When I went in for my meeting to make sure I was on the right track with the portfolio, my professor made it clear of how important this could be when looking and applying for jobs.  I learned a lot from what she said.  There were certain things employers will look for and doing the portfolio will give me a good idea of how I measure up to whoever else is on the market for the same job as I. 
One thing stood out to me as I left her office:  She had made it very clear how important the portfolio was but she was concerned about my progress because the completed portfolio is due in three weeks.  Are you kidding me?  Three weeks?  That's nothing compared to what I've been handling all semester.  I've been planning a wedding, keeping up with private lessons, online classes, and student teaching, as well as prepare for my senior recital all at once!  If I have three weeks to work on the portfolio, it's going to be one heck of a portfolio.  It was calming, in a humorous way, that I had so much time to work on it.  I'm really thankful for that instance of calming peace in the middle of all I've had to deal with thus far.  Thank you, God, for getting me to this point and helping me handle life with you by my side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment