Sunday, April 10, 2011

Reliance

Day 88
Reliance on a machine to get me from home to my apartment; reliance on my chops to get me through three pieces of solo music; reliance on a computer to not crash while writing lesson plans; reliance on God to get me through each day.
I never really stopped to think about how much I rely on different people and things to survive.  I so often think that I'm doing this all on my own, but I'm really not, although it may feel like it sometimes.  Tomorrow is my recital check and I am pretty much prepared for it.  I had a decent practice session tonight and now all I have to get over is my nerves.  Unfortunately, I didn't pass my first recital check because my nerves got the better of me and I got dry mouth really bad.  I have an issue with stage fright so I'm heavily relying on what I've learned, my improved endurance, and God's strength to get me through it.  I have never felt this confident about performing so I think tomorrow will be a demonstration of trust, dutiful practice paying off, and reliance on God that I will do my best. 
I wouldn't mind any prayers for tomorrow, so if you get a few seconds, please remember me and pray for total reliance on God who gives me strength and the power to overcome anything, even nerves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment