Monday, April 18, 2011

Improvements

Day 96
I've been working with all the sectionals and band kids for several weeks now.  I've gotten to know them and where they are with their talents and skills.  There are a select few groups of instruments that are having a harder time grasping concepts than other groups.  But today, I realized how far they all have come.  Thinking back to the beginning of my student teaching experience, I can remember still going over fingerings and getting the notes familiar to their ears.  Today though, the trumpets were reading the notes with more confidence, breathing deeper, and hearing the notes more clearly. 
It's always encouraging to see my students improve and develop a love and excitement for reaching the next step in music.  I love working with them because they are energetic, fun, and so willing to learn.  I'm really going to miss my band kids when student teaching is done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment