Saturday, April 9, 2011

Grandpa and Grandma Arnott

Day 85
Dustin and I went to Columbus early this morning to get an idea of how the cake setup will look like for the wedding.  I had asked my Grandma Arnott to make the cake and she made a beautiful sample cake for my birthday.  She's teaching herself along with an informal cake-decorating class she attends with some friends.  Today we got to decide on the arrangement, finalize the shade of white frosting to match my dress more accurately, and purchase boxes and necessary accessories. 
She took me aside for a little bit and showed me the diamond she offered for me to wear for the wedding.  It was her grandmother's diamond in a simple yet elegant setting on a white gold chain.  It matched my dress perfectly and I agreed to let it be my "something old".  We got to chat about getting ready for marriage and let reality sink in for a few seconds.  I'm so excited about planning the wedding and marrying my best friend.
It was so good to get to visit with the both of them since I don't get to go to Columbus very often.  It was even better to get their help in the planning along with Dustin.  I'm so thankful for their support and willingness to help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment