Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sister

Day 79
It's April 1st a.k.a. April Fool's Day as everyone knows.  I got on Facebook to check on some things and noticed that several people had commented on my sister's picture.  It was a photo of her hand with a  simple, elegant ring on her ring finger.  Relatives had commented on the photo with concerned remarks pertaining to if the engagement was real.  At first, I was caught off-guard but then I remembered the date and realized it was a well-planned April Fool's joke.  Very well played, I should add.  She and her boyfriend both changed their relationship status and had many friends fooled.  There were several comments of congratulations and well-wishes.  Definitely one for the books.
I love my sister.  We have been close for as long as I can remember.  Yeah, we have had our spats and unfriendly moments but that's what sisters do.  She is one of my closest friends even though we are pretty much complete opposites; she likes fashion and enjoys drama while I prefer comfort and laid back atmospheres.  But we always are there for each other.  She is now my Maid of Honor.  No one else could ever be as deserving of that role as she is.  Thank you, Lord, for such a wonderful friend and sister as Keriann.  Bless her and continue to grow her into a woman after Your own heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment