Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Duct Tape

Day 56
I will have to clarify the title.  I am referring to the actual adhesive but also to God's "duct tape", His goodness and perfect plan that holds us all together as believers under His love and grace.  I refer to the more spiritual duct tape in light of today.  I'm trying to get about eight hours of sleep a night to be ready to rock and roll with seven or so classes of energetic students all day.  But today, my eight hours failed me.  After presenting lessons, tending to discipline issues, getting ready for the next class in five minutes or less, and lunch duty, I was ready to head home and get some housework done.  On the way to campus, I was feeling particularly drowsy from the day's activities so I cranked up my rock music and tried to keep myself awake on the road.  I usually never nod off while I'm driving.  I did today.  It was only for a second but when I opened my eyes, I was left of center with traffic coming my way.  Reflex (and God's grace) told me to swerve back into my lane. Thanks to the adrenaline rush from the shock I was able to make it to campus without dozing off again.  Talk about scary.  So tonight, I'm getting eight and a half hours and eating snacks during the school day to keep my energy up. 
Duct tape in the literal sense brought a smile to my face today as my fiance told me of the things he had been doing with the apartment.  He started to bring some aesthetics to the kitchen with a shelf topped with old-style root beer and Coke bottles.  The Coke bottle wasn't balancing very well so,...he added some duct tape to the bottom of the bottle to steady it.  The creative man he is, he also fashioned a duct tape remote holder for his chair in the living room.  Pure genius if you ask me.  Yup, that's my man.  I know we will never be without a stroke of creativity and fun in our home. 
Thank you, God, for keeping me safe and for the creativity of my wonderful fiance when it comes to Your "duct tape" and his. 

No comments:

Post a Comment