Thursday, March 3, 2011

Encouragement

Day 50
Our music educator's organization had the chance to skype with a former student and a student teacher who are both teaching overseas right now.  One was in China and one was in Ecuador.  They both had overwhelming workloads as they both taught all grades from kindergarten to twelfth with everything in between.  From general music in the preschool level to high school marching band, they were involved with it all.  I thought it was sort of overwhelming with just general music and fourth and fifth grade band. 
They definitely gave great words of encouragement for us teachers-to-be and gave great examples of all the good things that have come of their experiences so far.  It made me want to come home and get to work on thinking of creative ways to teach my students about music.  I love those kids and I really want to experiment with ways to make the learning experience better and more exciting.  I have a ton of thoughts running through my mind right now.  I'm pretty thankful for the encouragement we received tonight.  I can't wait to have my very own classroom full of kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment