Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Safe Drivers

Day 63
It seems like every day that I come across a driver who risks his safety and the safety of others as he drives down the road.  Driving to or from student teaching always provides great opportunities for stories, some which are kind of scary.  I'm rather tired of sharing the road with people who have little care for their fellow drivers.  But on the other hand, I'm so thankful for those who are considerate in their driving, willing to watch out for the safety of others rather than trying to get somewhere as fast as they can or how much they can show off their peel-out skills.  I've been in my share of car accidents, which probably has contributed to a more careful driving habit.  I know we all have our road-rage moments, myself included, which makes me even more thankful for the safe drivers out there who aren't giving into road rage. 
I guess I just need to do my best in being one of those safe drivers so I can help ensure the safety of those around me and hopefully set some example for others.  Lord, please protect those who are driving tonight and who will be driving tomorrow.  Please help those who take risks behind the wheel to realize they are putting people in danger.  Thank you for those who are mindful of their and others safety. 

No comments:

Post a Comment