Thursday, March 24, 2011

Unfailing Love

Day 71
How do you measure love?  How you fully experience God's love?  Maybe it's by living according to His will; by acknowledging His outstretched arms on the cross as He died for all of us; maybe by loving others without thinking of benefiting ourselves; giving until we cannot possibly give anymore.  I'm still trying to figure that out.  God's love, as much as I do know, is unconditional.  I doubt we can understand the full extent of "unconditional" love until we feel His love, agape love.  How is it humanly possible to love someone unconditionally?  We can definitely strive for that kind of love, but I don't think we could ever accurately imitate God's level of unconditional love.
I'm trying to put back together my spiritual life.  As I do, I become more aware of God's endless patience as well as His love.  I also see the selfless love shown by my fiance as we deal with individual finances, job opportunities, and me finishing school so we can get married.  I guess we get a glimpse of God's unconditional love when we practice it to each other, especially to the ones we love most dearly.  God is always there for me, Dustin is always there for me.  I can see a slight parallel between the two displays of love and I'm very thankful that God can still love me after I've failed to daily acknowledge Him.  I am also thankful that God can show His love through human beings as I see an example of His love through the way Dustin loves me. 
God's love is such a deep subject.  It is the most pure, the most patient, the most selfless.  What a wonder that we are given the capabilities to experience even just a taste of such a love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment