Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Familiarity

Day 70
I'm going to be married in 52 days and it hit me today that I will be living a completely new life, away from most of the things that I knew growing up and even some things that I will no longer have with me.  My sister and I were looking through some pictures of our cats that we've raised from their birth.  It's crazy to think that they are almost two years old!  They are our boys and we love coming home to be greeted by them.  I won't have that anymore once I'm married.  Wow.  That was just the beginning of the reality check...
I know that married life will be absolutely wonderful because I will be able to live life alongside my best friend and greatest companion.  But I'm also becoming more thankful for those things with which I grew up and knew previously.  Everything I experienced in my youth through high school will soon be put  in boxes to store for memory's sake or given away to make room for the new things.  I am excited about downsizing my personal inventory, don't get me wrong.  I just need to get used to the fact that life will be different; I will be living with someone I've never lived with before, I will get to share my own kitchen, and everything I will own will be for our life together and for my teaching career. 
I guess I will have to make some visits to my mom's house to check on the boys and the rest of the family.  I'm so very thankful for those things that are so familiar to me, and for the things that will become familiar to me in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment