Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Motivation

Day 55
Today was rough across the board with all of my classes.  The Kindergarten would not listen nor follow directions, the first grade students were hurting each other's feelings and not listening, the second graders treated music class like a free period and only half the class was truly involved in what I was trying to present.  I have a lot of work to do this week on tweaking my lessons and teaching methods.  I think a lot of it is just keeping the class moving, switching up activities like crazy, and trying to have controlled fun with them.  I love my students but they sure know how to make a day hectic and long. 
On the drive home, I got to thinking how I could do better in my classes.  I thought of organization ideas, activities, formatting the lessons so they flowed and the energy kept moving, and tons of other things.  I stopped at four different stores trying to find graph paper to make charts, came home with poster board for keeping track of points, and I started working on a binder to organize my band kids' points.  As soon as I started on those projects, my day became so much better.  I just hope the effort pays off in the end.  I'm so thankful for this small ounce of motivation that will end up helping me and the students in the long run. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay Roomie!! You are going to be the bestest teacher because you CARE about your kids and their education! I'm praying that both you and Lindsey's weeks go well!!!

    ReplyDelete