Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Discipline

Day 42
It takes effort and a willingness to listen to your conscience to get stuff done and improve on different skills.  I admire those who have the discipline to practice over two hours a day or who can get all their work done and get to bed before 11pm every night.  Me,...I'm working on it.  The past few nights I've been in bed before 11pm, just not tonight since I have more work to do. 
I'm slowly and steadily building up the discipline to practice at least an hour every day and to spend more time on homework and lesson plans than I do checking emails and Facebook.  Even this blog has needed a level of discipline to write an entry every night.  I'm thankful for the chance to work on my discipline and to learn from other's stronger discipline so I can become a better student and a better trumpet player.  It's a work in progress and I'm thankful God is gracious enough to be patient with me while I work on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment