Sunday, February 13, 2011

Visits

Day 31
My grandparents, Mom, and brother got to come down for a visit and to see the musical production at our university.  It's always so good to get a taste of home and what's been going on there when they come to visit.  A breath of familiar fresh air.  My grandparents are some of the most loving people I know and they definitely know how to have a good time with good conversation.  My grandmother was on the subject of balding men, don't ask me why, when she exclaimed, "bald men are sexier".  We all busted out laughing.  And of course, they all turned to me because I'm getting married soon.  I blushed...
Spending time with my mom and brother is always good, too.  My mom keeps tabs on everything going on at home and on the people we know so we don't miss out on much when we are at school.  My brother is similar to me so we get along fine and swap jokes and stories most of the visit. 
Reality hit me today that visits are going to be more and more familiar to me especially once I'm married.  I will no longer live at home with my mom, brother, and sister.  I will be living my own life with my husband.  Time spent with my family will be in the form of visits.  It's kind of bittersweet to think about so I'm working on not taking visits for granted now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment