Monday, February 21, 2011

Interviews

Day 40
All education majors had the opportunity to participate in a career fair featuring Christian schools.  I'm not sure if I want to teach in a Christian school as my first choice, but it can be an option.  I had an interview last night that opened my eyes to the possibilities of teaching overseas in a number of different countries.  I could have the opportunity of teaching music in Brazil!  Today I interviewed along with a fellow music education student at an Indiana school that offered an opportunity to teach elementary students and help head up the music program overall.  The benefit package and insurance were superb and rare options to find in a Christian school.  They boasted of a wonderful music program and they emphasized the importance of music in their school.  I think I'm warming up to the fact that I could probably teach in a Christian school if that's where God wants me to be. 
My fiance made up a list of twenty schools around the area that we are going to be living to help me see the opportunities closer to home.  That was a huge help in seeing that teaching opportunities don't have to be limited to out of state and around the world.  I'm very thankful for the chance to interview with such great schools, even though the timing may not be right yet.  God is good, and He will provide.  I'm still being reminded of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment