Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Gym

Day 28
I haven't been to the gym since last semester's weight training class until tonight.  My sister and I decided to do fifteen minutes on the bike machines then fifteen minutes on the elliptical.  Wow, we weren't prepared for the physical demand of each exercise.  I ended up covering the monitor on the machines so I wasn't watching the time count down during the entire workout.  We both cranked up our hard rock and metal music and went to work.  When all was said and done, our lungs were burning, our legs were jello, and our faces were red.  But it felt really good to have accomplished something physical like that.  I hear that working out releases endorphins that cause positive attitudes and feelings.  I definitely want to hit the gym again this week. 
It's a nice escape from the busy day and it allowed us to kill some steam and wind down.  Not that we are going to turn into gym junkies, but it is nice to feel accomplished and wound down for a bit.  I'm really going to miss having this free access to the university's gym after I graduate.  I guess I will have to get my will-be husband and myself on some kind of exercise routine.  Yeah, I'm pretty thankful for the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment