Monday, February 7, 2011

Fish Fry

Day 25
Fish isn't my most favorite food of choice so I kind of surprised myself when I agreed to go to a local fish fry with my fiance and some of his family.  The local conservation club put on a festive meal complete with tartar sauce to liven up the tender Pollock.  It was breaded, which helped my fishy distaste, but it was very good! 
The atmosphere reminded me of the older, family-friendly shows that pictured the whole town getting together and sharing a meal; people laughing and making jokes; truckers swapping road stories; children exclaiming how good the "chicken" was for dinner.  It was all light-hearted and enjoyable, a welcome break from the rude and crude of how so many neighborhoods and communities are around the world.  I don't envy those who live in the city because I enjoy the closeness of a small hardworking community that is willing to come together and engage in conversation and a meal with their fellow neighbor. 
Ah, the good ol' days.  I'm thankful to have these as long as I can before the realities of life come knocking at my door.  I'm pretty thankful for small things like the fish fry to remind me of the simple joys in life and carefree time with friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment